2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour through salt) thoroughly
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Beat until lemon-colored, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- I used half whole wheat flour and half white – still yummy!
- I tried a chocolate version by adding 1/3 cup of cocoa powder to the dry ingredients – delicious!