Practical food tips for parents from a RD and mom of three

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I see a snack!


I try to give the kids fruit and vegetables whenever possible; at times they make perfect snacks. I try to keep a big fruit bowl on the counter, and veggies like baby carrots, celery sticks, and broccoli florets ready to go in the fridge at eye level.

When my hungry kids look around the kitchen, the only food they can see is the big bowl of fruit. We have plenty of other snacks, but they are in the pantry out of their reach. There are many days when Lila will run up to me and ask, “Can I have an orange?” And Deacon, as you can see, sometimes just helps himself!

Today's tip: Keep healthy foods (like fruit and vegetables) visible and less healthy ones out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment