I remember that mom was on a fiber kick for a while when I was little. She would put Kellogg's All-Bran cereal in everything, from muffins to meatloaf.
- lower cholesterol
- improved digestive system health
- reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 ¼ cups skim milk
¼ cup molasses
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
- In large mixing bowl, combine cereal, oil and milk. Add molasses and egg and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to cereal mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Cook on greased preheated griddle until brown on both sides, flipping only once. Serve hot with preserves, warmed applesauce, or syrup.